House fire caused by drug use prompts arrest
October 27, 2022 / Khmer Times
A careless man’s illegal drug use ultimately caused him to set a house on fire and be arrested by the authorities.
The incident happened yesterday evening at Phsar Prom Cheung village, Stung Karch commune, Sala Krao district, Pailin. Police said that the fire was caused by a 23-year-old male named Tea Pisey.
Authorities said that Pisey had lit a candle to smoke drugs and cigarettes, according to his testimony. After he was done smoking, Pisey put the candle on a piece of paper on his mattress and left, without extinguishing the candle.
The two-storey house then went up in flames.